- Sugar- 2 ¼ cups/350gms
- Water- 1 Cup/ 250ml
- Green Cardamom, Powdered- 8
- Ghee- 2 cups/400gm
- Bengal gram Flour(besan)- 1 ¼ cups/125gm
- Refined flour (Maida)- ½ cups/50gm
- Boil the sugar with water till thick syrup of 2-3 string consistency is obtained. Mix in the green cardamom powder. Keep aside
- Heat the ghee to boiling point and keep aside.
- Fry the Bengal gram and refined flour in 100gm ghee for about 5 minutes or till the ghee separates. Add the sugar syrup and keep stirring for a minute. Then add the rest of the ghee, 1tbsp at a time. When the mixture stops sticking to the spoon, pour it into a 4 cm deep greased tray so that excess ghee runs out. Cut the sweet in 3cm squares.
- Serve at room temperature. Store in airtight containers.