A classic Spanish stew.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6 ounces of belly pork, rind removed and diced
- 4 ounces cured chorizo sausages, diced
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 14- ounce can beans, drained
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, Italian parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the pork, chorizo, onion and garlic for 5-10 minutes until the onion has softened and browned. Add the tomatoes and chili flake and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the beans and stock. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the pork is cooked thorough.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and serve, garnished with parsley.