Classic Lebanese Salad. Best served with cold sliced lamb.
- 1 cup fine Bulgar wheat.
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tablespoon fresh mint, chopped 4- 5 scallions, chopped.
- 1 Green bell pepper, seeded and sliced salt and freshly grounded black pepper.
- 2 Large tomatoes, diced & black olive to garnish.
- Put the Bulgar wheat in a bowl. Add enough cold water to cover it & let it stand at least 30 minutes & upto 2 hours.
- Drain & squeeze with your hands to remove excess water. The Bulgar wheat will swell to double the size. Spread on paper towels to dry the Bulgar wheat completely.
- Place the Bulgar wheat in a large bowl, add lemon juice, the oil & a little salt & pepper. Allow it to stand for 1 – 2 hours if possible, inorder for the flavours to develop.
- Add the chopped parsley, mint, scallions & bell peppers & mix well. Garnish with diced tomato & olives. Serve.